Thursday 18 April 2024

Tints

[TREBLE (Phil)] Tints. Bishop Burton: Muttons & Nuts, 2024. [One of 20 copies printed]. 8vo. 208 x 130 mm. Pp. [16]. Cloth. New. £90 SOLD

‘For me, mixing small quantities of ink for relief printing has often produced inconsistent tints across print runs, and I end up wasting time and resources. This is a book showing a selection of eight ink colours, from Hawthorn Printmaker Supplies, and how to tint them using weighed-out ink in ratios of transparent white to base colour. I originally intended this to be a reference for myself but thought I would offer a few copies to others. The ratios shown are base colour, 3/1, 10/1, 30/1, 100/1 and 200/1. The sixteen page book is printed letterpress in 8 and 11pt Monotype Grotesque with 36pt square border units and bound in white Windsor book cloth with a letterpress printed title from laser engraved MDF in a split fountain gradient.’ (From the printer’s website)













No comments:

Post a Comment